How Often Should A High-Efficiency Furnace Be Serviced?
High-efficiency furnaces are more expensive than standard furnaces, but they will save you money in the long run. They are more efficient because they use less fuel and produce fewer emissions.
A high-efficiency furnace should be serviced at least once a year and more often if used frequently. LP Quality Air can assist you with heating maintenance in Chatsworth, Los Angeles, California, and surrounding areas by ensuring your furnace run efficiently and safely. Servicing your furnace regularly will help keep your home safe and comfortable and extend its life.
Types Of Furnaces:
- Gas/oil furnace: If you have a gas or oil furnace, you should have it serviced by one of our qualified professionals every year. These types of furnaces develop cracks and leaks over time. If these are not repaired, they can cause fires or even explosions. Our team will also be able to identify any other potential safety hazards.
- Electric furnace: An electric furnace does not need to be serviced as often. However, it is still a good idea to have it inspected by a professional every few years due to electric furnaces developing problems with their wiring over time. If not repaired, these problems could cause fires.
High-Efficiency Furnace Servicing Includes
When a furnace is being serviced, the technician will complete the following:
- Check the filter: Dirt and dust can build up on the filter, causing it to work less efficiently. The technician will clean or replace the filter if necessary.
- Lubricate the moving parts: Moving parts like the blower motor and fan belt can become dry over time. The technician will lubricate these parts to keep them working efficiently.
- Inspect the burners: Burners can become dirty over time. The technician will make sure the burners are clean and free of debris. If they are not, they will be cleaned or replaced.
- Check the venting system: The venting system should be checked for leaks. If any are found, they will get repaired.
- Inspect the heating elements: The heating elements will be inspected for wear and tear. If they are damaged, they will be replaced.
- Test the pressure switch and the draft inducer: These two parts work together to ensure the furnace operates safely. The pressure switch will be inspected for proper operation, and the draft inducer will be checked for blockages.
- Inspect the flue pipe: The flue pipe should be inspected for corrosion. If it is damaged, it will get replaced. You can contact one of our technicians for heating maintenance in Chatsworth, Los Angeles, CA, and we will ensure there are no blockages in the pipe.
After the furnace is serviced, it should run more efficiently and safely. If you have questions about heating maintenance and are located in Chatsworth, Los Angeles, CA, contact LP Quality Air today. Our qualified technicians will be happy to answer any questions you have. We are an HVAC Company with over 30 years of experience and are here to assist you with all your heating and cooling needs. Call us today at (818) 873-5807 to schedule an appointment for heating installation in Chatsworth, Los Angeles and Simi Valley, California.