Troubleshooting a system requires knowledge of how the system works and common sense about what might be wrong. Knowing how to diagnose the problem before you call a professional heating repair in Simi Valley, CA.
However, by evaluating your HVAC system’s symptoms, you can determine what is causing the problem, and by following some troubleshooting strategies, you may be able to resolve it.
Helpful Troubleshooting Strategies For Your Heating And Cooling System
- Make Sure Your HVAC System Has Power: If your heater is not working, the first thing you should do is check the power source. If you have an electric furnace or heat pump, make sure that it’s plugged in and that there’s power going to the outlet. If you have gas furnaces, check to see if there’s gas coming out of the burner from the pilot flame. If none works, contact a professional to fix them as soon as possible.
- Try Resetting Your HVAC System: If your heater still isn’t working correctly after checking all these things, it might need a reset or a heating tune-up in Simi Valley, CA. Many systems have an auto-reset function that will automatically reset itself after about an hour, but if yours doesn’t, try unplugging it for about 30 seconds and plugging it back in again—that should do the trick.
- Make Sure Your Furnace Door Is Closed: First and foremost, ensure that your furnace door has been closed after turning off your furnace for the season or any other reason. The door can get stuck if it’s not fully shut, which can cause severe damage to your heating system. If you’re unsure whether or not you’ve closed it correctly, check with a heating repair company in Simi Valley, CA—they’ll tell you exactly what’s going on so you can get it fixed immediately.
- Check The Thermostat: If your thermostat isn’t reading correctly, it may give false readings that result in either too much heat or too little heat produced by your furnace. This could also cause problems with humidity levels in certain rooms of your home if they’re set incorrectly.
- Install A New Filter: One major part of keeping your furnace and air conditioner healthy is replacing the filter regularly. As you turn on your furnace or air conditioner, dust and debris get sucked into the system to be filtered out again by the filter. If you don’t replace these filters regularly, you’ll find dirty air blowing around your home instead of fresh, clean air.
- Check All Vents: If there’s an obstruction in any part of your venting system—that is, if anything is blocking its path from one room to another—it will cause airflow problems through those vents. This can lead to uneven cooling or heating throughout your house, costing you money in wasted energy bills over time.
When you need a heating tune-up in Simi Valley, CA, you want to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
Our team at LPHVAC works hard to provide quality, affordable services to our customers. We always treat our customers respectfully and never try to overcharge services you don’t need. Call us today to schedule an appointment for trustworthy and quality heating services.