Air Conditioning & Heating Services In Chatsworth, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita, CA and Surrounding Areas
LP Quality Air Heating & Cooling Services
Your central heating and air conditioning problems can be solved more quickly if you contact a repair company on time. You must consider proper and regular heating and air conditioning maintenance if you want your family to stay comfortable in hot temperatures. Contact us today for Air Conditioning & Heating Services In Chatsworth, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita, CA and Surrounding Areas.
1. Symptoms that your HVAC needs to be replaced
- Leaking unit: If you notice a large amount of water accumulating on your heating or air conditioning unit, it is a sign you require Air Conditioning and Heating Services in Simi Valley.
- Strange noises: Sounds like screeching, buzzing, or ticking indicate something serious is wrong with your heating and air conditioning.
- Unusual odor: Not all odors indicate that your air conditioner is malfunctioning, but some can harm you.
- Cool or warm air: If your heating or cooling is running, but you still feel suffocated, too hot, or too cold, it may be time to replace it.
- Poor airflow: Something in the air vents may be blocking the flow of warm or cool air from your HVAC system.
- Short-cycling: Turning your HVAC on and off frequently will wear it down and shorten its life, so you’ll probably need Air Conditioning and Heating Services in Simi Valley.
- Excessive dust: You may need a new HVAC unit if you notice more dust around your home or on your HVAC filters.
- Age: Newer models have lower operating expenses and can save you money in the long run than older ones.
- Frequent repairs: If you need to have your HVAC repaired frequently, you should hire an HVAC contractor.
2. Checklist for heating and air conditioning maintenance
- For appropriate blower motor functioning, measure amperage and voltage.
- The thermostat should be tested for proper operation, calibrated, and leveled.
- Remove the old air filter and clean it (as needed)
- Examine the bearing for wear and lubricate it.
- Electrical connections must be inspected and tightened.
- Inspection and testing of capacitors are required.
- Examine the coil on the interior of the home.
- Use an anti-algae treatment and flush the condensate drain.
- Examine the condenser coil.
- Keep an eye on the operating pressures in the refrigeration system.
- Check for proper operation of safety equipment.
- Clean the condenser coil of any debris.
- Check the service valves for proper operation.
- Look for energy leaks in the ducting.
3. Importance of your HVAC maintenance
Whether your system is brand new or is 10+ years old, routine maintenance can help you prepare for the next season, extend the life of your system and prevent expensive repairs in the future.
To ensure efficient and effective operation, HVAC maintenance should be performed by professionals twice a year. The benefit of regular maintenance is that it detects if your system needs servicing by a professional technician.